By definition, skin tags are benign skin outgrowths that resemble tiny flaps of skin. According to health experts, these lesions are far from dangerous, but can be detrimental to one’s self esteem. With this in mind, it then becomes crucial to have them removed sooner than later.
There are many treatments that are known to effectively remove skin tags. The only drawback to these procedures is that they are expensive and are not covered by health insurance.
The good news is that there are numerous home remedies that you can make to remove them immediately and in a safe manner. The only safety precaution that users need to remember is that of skin tag location. Make sure to be careful when removing skin tags located near the eyes or other sensitive areas of the body.
- Dandelion Stem Juice
These flowers are not just beautiful but they also carry healing properties. Dandelion steam juice is being used in treating a variety of skin issues.
- Take a few dandelion stems and extract that juice.
- The milky liquid extracted from the stem should then be applied directly to the affected region of the skin.
- After application, skin tags should then be covered in band aid.
- This application should be done at least four times weekly, or until the skin tags disappear.
- You will notice that skin tags treated with dandelion steam juice will eventually fall off.
Before using this remedy, make sure that you are not, in any way, allergic to dandelions, daisies, or ragweed. If you are identified to have allergic sensitivities with these flowers, chances are you are also allergic to dandelion. If this is the case, it’s best to skip this remedy altogether.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil guarantees a painless way to remove skin tags from the body. It boasts antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties that effectively dry out skin tags until they fall off from the skin.
- Wash the skin well and pat dry.
- Place three drops of tea tree oil to a damp cotton ball.
- Apply the solution directly to the skin tags and surrounding skin.
- Do this procedure at least thrice a day for best results.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful ingredient that can eradicate skin tags immediately.
- Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar.
- Before application, make sure that the skin is clean and dry.
- Make sure that the skin is soaked with apple vinegar as you massage the cotton ball. This will ensure maximum absorption of the vinegar into the skin.
- This procedure should be done at least three times daily for best results.
Remember that since apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature, you will experience mild itching and stinging during the first few applications. If you want to minimize the side effects, you may also place a water with apple cider.
As garlic is one of the most effective herbal plants, it is not surprising that it is also being used in the fast removal of skin tags.
- Ground up four cloves of fresh garlic into paste.
- Apply the paste directly to the skin and keep it in place overnight.