The activities and the feelings we generate in the morning can have a major impact on the rest of our day. A bad day spiral- you may have experienced this in the past. It may even be a recurring theme for you. During a bad day spiral, you start with one or two negative vibes in the morning that then consumes you and then grows a bad mood that can completely throw off the rest of your day. You don’t have to worry as you can avoid this altogether, by following the practices we have enumerated below.
Bear in mind that we have the power to control things we do as well as the motions we feel during the first few hours of day. Here are 12 powerful practices that will make you more present, mindful, and peaceful in the morning.
1. Say your thank you. Start your day with a prayer of thanks. You don’t have to be religious in order to say a prayer of gratitude. Recognize the fact that the Universe yet again gave you a new day to experience life and all its wonders and great adventures. A new day means the opportunity to love, laugh, explore, discover, and create. All these things can result in far more greater things and opportunities that you can look forward to in the future.
2. Recognize the amazing feel and texture of your bed before actually getting out of bed.
3. Show love to your body as you go about your morning routine. Never forget to appreciate all the cells that make up your body and give thanks to the fact that you are alive and well.
4. Say thank you to the sun. Greet it with a positive note as you open your windows first thing in the morning.
5. Always appreciate and give thanks for the breakfast on the table. Appreciate the energy and nourishment that your food delivers that will help you fulfill your activities for the rest of the day.
6. Make time for meditation. This is an important activity that you need to include as part of your morning ritual. Even a five-minute meditation is good enough as it awakens the senses and delivers inner peace and calm as well. With nothing but positive vibes coming
out of meditation, you are definitely carrying these feelings throughout the day.
7. Make sure to play something uplifting and happy before you leave the house. Do not just play music but dance along with it. This activity will energize and align your body with the joyful and positive spirit that you have generated earlier through meditation.
8. If you catch yourself drifting away from positivity you may want to take a step back and ask yourself if your worries are worth your time and energy. Believe in the fact that you can solve all problems, and there is no reason for you to start worrying or thinking negative thoughts.
9. Soak in all the positive things you see and feel in your environment. Take a few deep breaths and just feel all the positive energy that your body is absorbing outdoors.
10. Try not to concentrate your focus on your phone screen. Appreciate the nature that surrounds you as this will help you collect more positivity for the rest of the day. Don’t let fears of missing our or comparison ruin your calmness and inner peace.
11. Never forget to play close attention to the presence within other people. Communicate with sincerity and genuinely listen to what they have to say.
12. Remember to smile every once in a while. The activity of smiling can induce more positive feelings such as contentment and increase your sense of wellbeing.