Women have their own favorites when it comes to facial creams and skin care products but the real source of beautiful skin can be traced to the kinds of food that we eat. Our skin cells are often replaced by new ones which mean that we need to ingest the right kinds of nutrients so that our skin is constantly repaired. By eating a balanced meal, you will receive the vitamins and minerals that are essential for beautiful, healthy skin.
So which foods can help you gain that beautiful, youthful looking skin you’ve always wanted? Here are some that should go well in your daily diet.
- Blueberries. When it comes to achieving beautiful skin, you should make it a point to include foods that are high in vitamin C content like blueberries, strawberries, and papaya. Vitamin C is considered as a super antioxidant that not only boosts ones immune system but can also treat blemishes to reveal radiant skin. Blueberries and other fruits can increase collagen production which is needed for a healthy looking skin.
- Avocadoes. For those who are fond of eating avocadoes, here is another reason why you should add them to your diet. Avocadoes are known for the biotin they contain which can prevent brittle nails and hair and dry skin. It can also help hydrate your skin to make it look smooth and supple.
- Fish. There are a lot of reasons why you should add fish to your diet. For one thing it plays a role on the health of your skin. This is due to the selenium it contains which is a powerful antioxidant. Apart from this, fish and other seafood as well contains vitamins C and E which can help boost your immune system. Selenium is known to provide protection against age spots, skin cancer, and any damages caused by too much sun exposure.
- Eggs. Another food that will do your skin some good is eggs. Eggs are known for their protein content which can aid in repairing skin cells that have been damaged by radiation coming from too much sun. They also have biotin which nourishes the skin which is another reason why you should include eggs in your diet.
- Nuts and seeds. If you want to bring back the natural beauty of your skin, add nuts and seeds to your diet. These two contain both monounsaturated as well as polyunsaturated fats which are responsible for providing your body with fatty acids that nourishes the skin. The fats that you can get from nuts and seeds also contain vitamin E which is essential to skin health as it fights off skin damage.
- Beans. Taking care of your skin shouldn’t be too difficult to do when you know what foods to consume. Beans and other types of legumes are good for your skin as they are high in protein content which can aid in repairing cells in your body that have been damaged by free radicals or other toxins. In the digestion phase, the protein is broken down into amino acids which are basically the building blocks of your cells. These amino acids are the ones responsible for giving cell repair and regeneration the boost they need to be able to promote better skin health.
Choosing the right kinds of food to go in your diet is one of the smartest and healthiest ways for you to care for your skin. Making these small changes to your diet can have a huge impact to your skin and your overall health if you eat them regularly. And because you are eating right, your skin will be beautiful in no time.