Using egg for conditioning your hair enhances hair growth because of the protein present in eggs. Hair is composed of 70 percent keratin protein.
The amount of protein present in egg ranges from 3.6 to 6.5 g. It is because of this that egg in considered to be a good protein treatment. Aside from repairing damaged hair strands it also strengthen your hair.
1. Place the egg white and yolk into a bowl.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then mix with the egg and whisk it with a fork.
3. If you’re not going to use it at the moment just place a plastic wrap on the bowl of the mixture to cover it up or put it in a bowl with sealed cap.
1. For easy access put the egg conditioner near your bathroom, but if there’s no place to put it, just store it in the refrigerator (not in the freezer) for safety reasons.
2. Then normally wash your hair with shampoo (for best result use clarifying shampoo) to remove dirt and oily hair products from your hair.
3. Towel dry your hair to remove excess water.
4. Then apply the mixture in your hair evenly like a shampoo and focus on the hair tips to revitalize split ends.
5. Put a shower cap, dry towel or plastic wrap for 10-20 minutes.
6. Then finally wash your hair thoroughly, and apply hair conditioner for a few minutes then rinse it with water. Style it the way you want.
Notes to remember:
Egg mixture should not exceed to 10-20 minutes on your hair or it will cause your hair to dry out because of the eggs’ high protein properties.
Do this for once a month only, because of its high protein content, overuse of this mixture will not treat your hair but just damage it.