In these times when most of us cannot afford to waste even a single minute, facing some beauty problems so early in the day is enough to make us feel frustrated. That sudden outbreak of pimples, the appearance of dark circles under your eyes, and even puffy eyes are guaranteed to wreak havoc to your day especially when you have an important event to go to. And it’s not just about your face that is sure to worry you but your hair and the rest of your appearance too. So before you panic about your recent beauty problem, try these DIY hacks first and see if you can’t solve your problems on your own.
- De-frizzing curls. Curly haired women often have to contend with frizzy hair at times but before frizz ruins your hair, swap your towel with an old t-shirt. The cotton fabric minimizes friction so you don’t have to worry about your curls turning wild. Just squeeze the extra water from your hair then wrap the t-shirt around your hair and let it dry.
- Brightening masks. Sometimes the lifestyle that we live often leads to dull and dry looking skin. If your skin is starved for moisture and you want to make it look brighter and more alive, use brightening masks overnight. Try combining a tablespoon of tomato juice with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and apply on your face. Leave the mask on overnight then rinse the following day. Both the tomato and coconut milk will hel nourish your skin from the inside so you will give off that natural glow.
- Shape hair with bobby pins. Most of us use heating tools to style our hair but if you don’t want to damage your hair any further, you might want to reconsider using bobby pins to style your hair just the way you want to. All that you have to do is to style your hair while it is still damp with some bobby pins and you will be impressed with the results afterwards. Regardless of whether you want to have some soft curls or waves, this tool will help.
- Treat acne with cinnamon and honey. One of the worst things that will greet you in the morning is seeing your acne flaring up or pimples popping in the most obvious areas of your face. Instead of searching for creams that will reduce the swelling and redness, try treating it with some honey and cinnamon. Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with a tablespoon of cinnamon and apply on the affected area. Leave it on for a few minutes then rinse afterwards. This treatment will help reduce the redness and the swelling so you can apply concealer to remove any signs of acne.
- Keep your blow-dry volume. If you want to maintain your hair’s volume after blow drying it after you take a bath, tie it in a loose bun on top of your hair. Let it dry in this manner where the roots of your hair are lifted upwards. Once you let your hair loose, you will see that the volume will remain as you step outside your door.