Our lungs play an important role in our body since they are the ones that are responsible for bringing oxygen in while expelling carbon dioxide as well exhale. And because they are constantly working, it is up to us to make sure that they are in the best condition. If you think that your lungs don’t need any help, you should think again. For one thing, when we inhale air, we are also absorbing environment toxins, bacteria, and the like which can cling to the lining of our lungs. When this happens, it can trigger various respiratory problems. This is why you need to learn how to cleanse your lungs to bring back the natural health of your lungs.
If you are wondering how will you be able to expel those harmful toxins clinging to your lungs, you might want to try these steps out.
- Practice deep breathing. Deep breathing actually teaches your lungs to expand more while at the same time strengthen the muscles for better function. First, lie on your back on the floor with your hands placed on your stomach below your ribcage. Close your eyes as you inhale deeply for the count of five. Hold your breath for 2 seconds then release the air in your lungs slowly until you reach five counts. Repeat this 9 to 10 times per session.
- Quit smoking. Another way for you to cleanse your lungs is to quit smoking. Just imagine how much chemicals you are actually delivering into your body every time you smoke. Once you kick this habit, you will find that you’re breathing much better and that you’re also less susceptible to respiratory problems too.
- Oregano. You can also use oregano to cleanse your lungs because this herb contains carvacrol as well as terpenes which are known to aid in lung cleansing. It is also known for its abilities to minimize inflammation, boost airflow in the nasal passages, remove congestion in the lungs, and a whole lot more. If you are suffering from asthma or any other respiratory issues, simply drink two cups of oregano tea. In order to detoxify your lungs, try adding a couple of drops of oregano oil to your glass of milk and drink it.
- Green tea. You can also opt for green tea when it comes to cleansing your lungs because it contains antioxidants that can remove toxins absorbed through your lungs while at the same time, boost your immune system for further protection.
- Peppermint. If you are aiming for stronger and healthier lungs, chew 3 to 5 peppermint leaves every day. Congestion sufferers can boil some water then add a few drops of peppermint oil before inhaling the steam. This will help clear up any blockages in your nasal passages.
These are just a few examples on how you will be able to purify your lungs so that they will be able to function at 100%. If you feel that your lungs need that extra help, don’t afraid to try these steps out.