Our skin is constantly exposed to the elements day in and day out and as a result, sweat, dirt, and other debris can get lodged into our pores causing itchiness, irritation, and inflammation particularly in those with sensitive or oily skin. Washing our faces can help eliminate some of the debris but when it comes to skin care, you will need more than just washing your face with soap and water.
Those with oily skin are more prone to suffering from acne and other skin blemishes because they are producing more sweat that can clog their pores. With this being said, applying facial masks from time to time can help minimize the oil production in the face which in turn can reduce your risk of suffering from acne, blackheads, whiteheads and other skin problems.
The good news is that you don’t really have to spend a lot of money to go to spas for facials because you can actually apply your choice of facial masks at home. It’s just a matter of finding the right one to use to get the desired results. For those who have oily skin and are in need of a good facial mask, here are a few options to consider.
- Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask. If you are looking for a facial mask that is not too heavy to apply, this purifying mask is a safe bet. Its texture is creamy and light and can be left overnight for a refreshed look the following day. The best part is that it works on all skin types.
- Murad’s Clarifying Mask. For those who are having a hard time controlling their zits, this clarifying mask will be your life saver. What makes this particular mask stand out from the crowd is that it makes use of natural clay to help soothe your inflamed and irritated skin. It is also effective in minimizing the amount of oil your skin produces not to mention get rid of zits and reduce the appearance of acne too. You can either apply a small dab of the mask on the affected areas or you can apply it twice in a week to reveal healthier and smoother skin.
- Boscia Green Tea Oil Control Mask. Here’s another facial mask that can relieve your face from the overabundance of oil to reveal smooth and improved looking skin underneath. You can either apply the entire packet onto your face or just the areas where the most oil occurs. Leave it on for a few minutes then peel. You can wash your face afterwards and apply moisturizer to help nourish your skin.
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask. As the name suggests, this facial mask makes use of active charcoal to absorb excess sebum on the skin to help clear up the pores to alleviate acne flare ups, as well as the appearance of blackheads and whiteheads. The best part is that while this facial mask is removing the oil, it is also acting as a nourishing agent to help smoothen and revitalize your skin even further.
- Lancome’s Pure Empreinte Masque. If you are pressed for time, this facial mask is the one to use as its white clay can remove the oil and dirt from your face while reducing the appearance of pores. In just five minutes you will see a marked improvement on your skin so you can be ready to go out in no time.
These are just a few examples of facial masks that are perfect for those with oily skin. Don’t let the shine coming from the excess oils on your skin to ruin your appearance because you can alleviate your skin condition with these masks.