There are a lot of people today that wake up feeling refreshed and energetic and ready to take on the world but there are still those who are not really looking forward to leaving their beds just yet after killing their alarm. Although there is nothing wrong about not being a morning person, you can still take steps to ensure that your day will get off on a good start. Try the following morning rituals and see if you don’t make some positive changes to your day.
- Have some protein. If your morning meal consists of sugar laden donuts or bagels, why not whip up some egg sandwich or Greek yogurt to give you proteins to curb your cravings? Eating breakfast that is high in protein content can actually help you feel full longer so you won’t be tempted to eat more than is necessary during lunch time.
- Drink a glass of water. Another beauty habit that you should make a part of your morning routine is to drink a glass of water. This is to combat dehydration after sleeping for several hours. When you skip drinking water in the morning, you are putting yourself at risk of dehydration which can affect your energy levels. What’s more, if you are dehydrated, your skin will look dull and dry.
- Go for green tea. For those who are looking for a boost in the morning but are not really fond of drinking coffee, why not opt for green tea instead? Green tea contains flavonoids which are can slow down signs of aging like wrinkles, dark circles under the eyes and others. Studies have shown that drinking green tea can also help fight off certain types of cancer. On a good note, antioxidants are also present in coffee and it can even help you burn calories too if you want to lose weight.
- Get a move on. Here’s another beauty routine that should be done in the morning. Exercising first thing in the morning not only helps warm up the muscles but it can also help get your blood flowing so you will be awake and alert in no time. This also helps you in getting a good night’s sleep because your body is relaxed. Although sleep is still your priority when it comes to your health, make it a point to adjust your time to accommodate your morning workout.
- Put on some fragrance. And a citrusy one at that! According to studies, getting a whiff of something citrusy not only wakes up your senses but it can actually help reduce your stress levels. You can even get to boost your immune system in the process which is a plus for those who need all the help that they can get when it comes to their overall health.
- Apply sunscreen. Before you step out of your home make sure that you have applied sunscreen on your face and body. Protecting your skin against the harsh rays of the sun will slow down the effects of UV rays while at the same time, keeping your skin looking smooth and supple. Just make sure that you choose a sunscreen cream that has the right SPF levels.
- Start misting. If you are using a face mist, put one in the fridge and give yourself a mist in the morning. This will help reduce any swelling on your face while at the same time, keep you wide awake too.
With these beauty routines, you will find that your mornings will be something that you’re going to look forward to especially when you get to have more energy throughout the day.