For those who want to work on increasing their exercise routine to lose weight fast, the good news is that you don’t have to deprive yourself of food or even exhaust yourself in the gym to see those fats melt away. Studies have shown that taking baby steps in your approach to weight loss rather than taking huge leaps is considerably better because you’ll be able to sustain the habit for a long time.
According to health experts, making some slight changes in your diet and daily routine actually teaches your body to get used to following a healthier lifestyle without even noticing it. As a matter of fact, with a few tweaks in your current lifestyle, you’ll be able to say goodbye to those stubborn fats in no time.
- Use a food log. Remember those times when you’re bored to the point that you just start munching on chips? Well, instead of snacking on those sodium-rich foods, grab a pen and notebook and jot down the food that you’ve eaten. Having a food journal on hand can provide insight on your eating habits so you can make the necessary adjustments.
- Stay away from the salty aisle. For those who are often hitting the snack aisle when buying groceries now is the time to skip it. Eating foods that are high in salt content can make your body retain water making you look bloated. What’s more, too much salt in your system can actually wreak havoc in your organs particularly your kidney.
- Skip the commercials. Who said you can’t integrate working out while watching TV? If you’re watching your favorite soap, when the commercial comes, start moving. You can do your usual routine such as jogging in place, doing jumping jacks, planks, push-ups and the like. This habit can actually help you burn around 270 calories more which can add up to your weight loss goal.
- Drop your bad habits. If you’re a smoker but your goal is to lose weight, it is high time to wean yourself from this habit of yours to see better results in your weight loss goal. Quitting smoking and hitting the gym will do wonders to your overall health which is exactly what you need if you’re trying to shed those excess pounds.
- Increase your exercise time. For those who are just starting on their weight loss program, you don’t really need to spend more than an hour in the gym. You can actually start with something simple such as taking a walk around your neighborhood for 10 minutes then slowly increasing the minutes per day. This helps in building endurance which is necessary when it comes to losing weight.
- Integrate strength training. Another trick to losing weight is by adding some strength training to your daily routine. Triceps dip, push-ups, kettlebell swings, are just a few examples of strength training workouts that you can do that will help rev up your metabolism so you can burn through the calories with ease.