Our eyes appear tired right before we go to bed but there are instances when our eyes appear heavy even in the day probably because you have been doing quite a lot of work that your energy levels are starting to go down. Unfortunately, tired looking eyes can ruin your overall countenance but the good news is that you can do something to banish this look from your eyes fast. Here are some tips to help brighten your eyes so they won’t appear too tired for you.
- Take frequent breaks. If the cause of your tired eyes is prolonged staring at your computer screen then give yourself and your eyes a break. Even five minutes of just resting your eyes or staring at something green can ease the strain in your eyes so they won’t appear puffy or tired.
- Hydrating eye cream. Since the skin around your eyes is thin, they are prone to signs of aging such as wrinkles, lines, and even puffiness. This can be further exacerbated if you are not drinking enough liquids. Aside from keeping yourself hydrated, applying hydrating eye cream on this area of your body can help make the skin here supple and younger looking so your eyes won’t appear tired at all.
- Adjust the lighting in the room. The lighting in your room can also affect your eyes so if you’ve noticed that your eyes appear tired too often, it might be because the lighting in the room is not adequate for you. Try adjusting the lighting in your work place so that you will have enough light to see what you are doing but not too much that you will be squinting.
- Go easy on salt. Salt has a nasty habit of absorbing water in your body making you all bloated and puffy so if your peepers are looking tired and puffy, it’s probably because you’re eating foods that are high in salt content. If you want to reduce the appearance of tired looking eyes, it’s better that you cut back on your salt consumption. You can also flush excess salt from your body by drinking up to 12 glasses of water every day to cleanse your body.
- Focus on a distant object. For those who are working on a job that requires you to focus on an object before you, give your eyes time to relax by focusing your vision on an object a few feet away from you. This will help reduce the strain that you are putting your eyes when looking at an object close to you.
Puffy and tired looking eyes can ruin your overall look but this doesn’t mean that you can’t do anything about them. Aside from the tips mentioned above, it would be better if you get enough sleep because your body needs to recuperate. Also, make sure that you let your eyes rest especially when you’re working in front of your computer because it will help alleviate the tiredness from your eyes.