It’s quite normal to sneeze every now and then because your body is trying to expel irritants as well as allergens that are inside your body. But having a bout of sneezing can be quite annoying because your nose starts to run and your eyes start to water. There are many factors that can trigger sneezing like pollen, dust, smoke, animal dander, and even changing weather. Fortunately, you don’t have to pop a medicine to stop your sneezing because there are plenty of natural remedies for you to try. Here are some that you can try out.
- Black pepper. Who would have thought that something simple like black pepper can help address your runny nose and sneezing? All that you have to do is mix half a tablespoon of black pepper powder into a glass of lukewarm water and drink it two to three times in a day. You can also gargle using a combination of pepper powder and warm water to get rid of any viruses that can trigger your sneezing.
- Vitamin C. Another home remedy that can help prevent or stop sneezing is by increasing your intake of foods that contain vitamin C like guavas, lemon, watermelon, berries, and even bell peppers. You can also take vitamin C supplements to ensure that you are getting enough of this vitamin in your system to provide you with protection against immune problems.
- Ginger. This is one of the most effective remedies that you can use to combat constant sneezing because it has been used to treat various nasal and viral problems. You will need to take 1 to 2 tablespoons of ginger extract twice in a day to put a stop to your sneezing. Another way to use this treatment is to make ginger tea. Just chop off a piece of ginger and slice it to pieces. Place the ginger slices in a cup of water and boil it. You can add some honey to it to make it more palatable and drink it before going to bed.
- Water. Another remedy that you can use to combat your sneezing is to drink a glass of lukewarm water. The purpose of this remedy is to flush the toxins or irritants that are making you sneeze. Through water, you will be able to cleanse yourself from any possible irritants to alleviate your sneezing.
- Garlic. If you are suffering from upper respiratory issues, one of the best remedies to use is garlic. One reason behind this is that it contains antiviral as well as antibiotic properties. For this treatment, get four to five garlic cloves and crush them to create a paste. Inhale its strong aroma to help clear up your nasal passages so that you will get rid of your sneezing and be able to breathe better too. You can also add garlic to your dishes such as in soups, stir-fry, and the like to get protection against immune diseases.