Detoxifying the body has become the buzzword in the health industry with the promise of helping with weight loss and improving one’s skin condition. The idea behind the detox is to cleanse the liver using healthier choices of food and herbs that will help alleviate inflammation inside the digestive system. When the liver is functioning properly, your body will have high amounts of energy, you’ll be able to get a good night’s sleep, and your hormones will be properly balanced too. Although the liver has the ability to cleanse itself, it wouldn’t hurt to give it a lending hand as much as possible through these daily detox tips.
- Fresh lemon, cayenne, and hot water. When you wake up, you will need to prepare a morning drink that consists of fresh lemon juice, cayenne, and hot water. This solution will help balance the alkaline levels in your body so you will be fully energized throughout the day.
- Drinking tea helps. Another tip to help detoxify your body throughout the day is to drink tea. Green tea, lemon tea, dandelion tea, ginger tea, and turmeric tea are just a few recommendations to start with if you want to help your liver function at 100%. Continue sipping this drink throughout the day.
- Cruciferous vegetables. It is important that you add cruciferous vegetables to your day. Doctors and health experts recommend that you eat at least one serving per day to help you get the recommended amount of phytonutrients that will help cleanse your liver.
- Herbs and spices can help. Our body can absorb toxins from the environment and from the food that we eat. When these toxins become too much for our liver to handle, it can affect our overall health. A good remedy for this issue is to load up on herbs and spices such as basil, cilantro, ginger, parsley, turmeric, and garlic just to name a few. Not only do these herbs give your dishes that extra kick of flavor, they also contain antioxidants, anti-bacterial, and anti-microbial properties that will help eliminate the toxins in your body while boosting your immune system.
- Eat fermented foods. Detoxify your liver by eating fermented foods like kimchi and sauerkraut as they contain probiotics that can improve your gut flora. This will help our digestion work properly and in turn will aid the liver in doing its work.
- Sweat it out. Another trick to helping your liver cleanse is by working out. Sweating it out will help your body eliminate the toxins from your body so that your liver won’t be taxed too much. There are many exercise programs that you can do from cardio to strength training to yoga.
These are just a few examples of detox tips that you can do on a daily basis that will help your liver rest up in order to function properly. The best thing about these tips is that they are not that hard to follow.