The beauty secrets of the Greeks are worth taking a closer look especially when you see how amazing their skin looks like. Flawless, youthful looking, and glowing are just a few adjectives that can be attributed to their skin which, if you learn about their beauty secrets, are not that hard to achieve. If you want to improve your skin’s overall health, you can learn a thing or two from the Greeks.
As a matter of fact, here are some of their secrets that are worth trying out.
- Healthy food. The Greeks have gorgeous looking skin because they tend to follow a healthy diet. Consider a combination of fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meat, seafood, and other essential ingredients that are packed with protein, iron, zinc, vitamins, minerals, as well as fatty acids that are known to improve collagen production, fight off inflammation, and treat skin issues. Starting your quest for beautiful skin with the right choice of foods seems to yield impressive results.
- Honey. Greeks rely on honey when it comes to treating skin inflammation and irritation because of its natural healing properties. Honey also has antibacterial properties which can combat bacterial growth that triggers redness and itching. You can either apply it on your skin as is or mix it with some milk to soothe and repair your skin. Either way, you’ll still get smoother and healthier looking skin afterwards.
- Olive oil. Olive oil is another beauty secret that you can get from the Greeks that will work wonders on your hair and skin. If you need to repair your damaged hair, it is a good idea to apply some of this oil on your hair and scalp. On the other hand, if your skin appears dry and dull the best way to moisturize it is to apply some olive oil directly on your skin. You can exfoliate your skin the same way but add some seasalt into the mixture then gently scrub your skin with it.
- Sea salt. Exfoliating your skin must be done at least once or twice a month to help rejuvenate your skin. It’s true that there are many exfoliating products to choose from but using sea salt is a good choice nonetheless. For one thing, it is a natural exfoliant especially when you mix it with some water or olive oil to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup products on your skin. You can also use it to get rid of cellulite forming on your legs too by rubbing your legs in a circular motion.
- Yogurt. Yogurt is good for your digestion but did you know that you can use it on your skin as well? Yogurt is perfect for nourishing, moisturizing, and soothing your skin so you won’t have to deal with inflammation, redness, and itching. You can combine it with some honey or other ingredients to help improve your skin’s condition.