You’ve probably heard about the infrared sauna treatment and the numerous benefits that are often associated with it. Think anti-aging, weight loss, and even detoxification. However, is there any truth to these claims? Sure this may sound like plenty of hot air only but some benefit cannot be denied at all.
So what exactly is infrared sauna treatment? As the name suggests, this type of sauna uses heat and light to help us relax and to break down the toxins in the body and be released in the form of sweat. Although studies are still being conducted on how far reaching the effects of this sauna treatment is, it is still a cheaper alternative to losing weight and emptying the body of accummulated toxins.
In terms of benefits, we found some interesting advantages to using this kind of sauna treatment. Among these are:
- Boosts heart function. It appears that doing infrared sauna can help regulate one’s blood pressure as well as cholesterol levels which reduce the risk of heart problems. Researchers also found that this kind of treatment is effective when it comes to congestive heart failure including chronic pain.
- Detoxify the body. Another plus to infrared sauna is that the heat being emitted raises the temperature inside the body which in turn makes us sweat. As we sweat, the toxic buildup in the body is slowly being removed so that our risk from common illnesses is significantly reduced. Not only that, it helps the organs function better since there are fewer toxins left.
- Alleviates chronic pain. Patients who are suffering from chronic pain found infrared sauna effective in alleviating the pain that they are constantly feeling. Patients who underwent infrared sauna experienced better joint health with no side effects whatsover. There was less pain and better flexibility too. Fatigue was also lessened in those who used this treatment which is a plus.
- Good for relaxation. Sometimes our body becomes stiff and unyielding due to the nature of our work where we sit for hours in front of the computer or when we are carrying heavy loads. Our muscles tend to cramp up and at times, hard to move. Infrared sauna can help make your muscles relax as it reduces cortisol production. When your stress levels go down, not only will you feel much better but your body will be able to go into a calm and relaxed state.
- Boosts overall well-being. It appears that doing infrared sauna regularly has improved the overall well-being of patients with chronic pain. Aside from this, there is a study that was conducted in Japan that showed that infrared sauna can also improve one’s mood.
As you can see, there are certain advantages to be gained from this kind of treatment and because it is non-invasive, it appears that it can be used by anyone who needs relief from chronic pain, weight gain, and other health issues. Make sure that you discuss this with your doctor first especially when you have a medical condition to avoid any untoward incidents.