Makeup can certainly help create the illusion of us having glowing skin but the more we apply these beauty products, the more chances of actually clogging our pores that can lead to skin blemishes and other problems. Fortunately, glowing skin is not that hard to achieve even without makeup because there are a lot of steps that you can take to reveal gorgeous looking skin that will the envy of others.
Do you want to know how you can achieve this? Here are a few steps that you should try out.
- Have some beta-carotenes. There have been several studies that show eating foods that are high in beta-carotene content are actually helpful when it comes to making your skin glow from within. Apricots, carrots, mangoes, and even sweet potatoes are just a few examples of foods that contain this important mineral. So the next time you’re thinking of what food to buy, don’t forget to add these to your grocery list.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen. Stepping out of your house without applying sunscreen first is a big mistake as you are leaving your skin exposed to the harsh rays of the sun that can speed up aging. Keep in mind that the UV rays being emitted by the sun can make your skin wrinkle and even dry up. Apply sunscreen with high SPF if you plan on staying outdoors for hours.
- Start an exercise program. Well, if you want to achieve beautiful, glowing skin then you need to work hard for it. Yes, this means adding fitness to your daily routine. Exercising isn’t just for letting you lose weight or firming up your muscles but it is also helpful in eliminating toxins that are harming your body. What’s more, you are also promoting better blood circulation which in turn can make you glow from within.
- Follow a healthy diet. You cannot achieve that natural glow on your skin if you’re still consuming processed foods that are high in sodium and sugar content. Going natural or organic is actually better because these foods are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals that can prevent premature aging. Add more greens on your plate and choose healthy cuts of chicken and meat for protein. Combine this with regular exercise and you will find significant improvements on your overall health as well as your skin condition.
- Exfoliate. Another trick to achieve glowing skin is through exfoliating. This technique helps remove dead skin cells that have built up on the surface of your skin so that newer and healthier skin will be revealed. You can go for those pre-packaged exfoliating masks or you can make your own scrub. Either way, you’ll be able to breathe new life to your skin.
These are just a few examples of how you’ll be able to bring back the natural glow of your skin. These simple steps can reward you with that beautiful glow that will be the envy of others.