There is no denying the fact that many would like to achieve beautiful and smooth skin and because of this, women tend to lather on various skin care products in the hopes of prolonging the youthful glow of their skin. Unfortunately, the skin care products that are being used are laden with chemicals that can actually do more harm than good. For those who want to maintain their smooth and glowing skin without exposing their skin to chemicals, going natural is the best step that you can take.
The good news is that there are certain types of herbs that are actually good for your skin and are worth adding to your beauty regimen if you want to achieve that beautiful glowing skin. Here are some examples of herbs to get you started.
- Witch Hazel. Witch hazel has proved to be quite efficient in dealing with acne as millions of users swear by it. This herb contains anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the appearance of pimples. Another advantage to using witch hazel is that it reduces the amount of sebum being produced which means that the pores on the skin aren’t likely to get clogged by oil and dirt.
- Lavender. Another herb that is found to be useful for people with acne is lavender. What’s great about lavender is that it has soothing properties to minimize the stinging pain brought about by acne plus the rest of the nutrients it contains are found to be effective in treating acne breakouts. You can use lavender essential oil on your skin but make sure that you use a carrier oil before applying on your skin.
- Calendula. If you are not familiar with this herb, it is actually part of the daisy family. It also contains anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. It has the ability to heal wounds including soothe damaged areas of your skin caused by sunburn, scrapes, and even cuts. There are some people who use calendula oil to treat eczema and so far, it has been found to be effective in healing their skin.
- Aloe vera. When it comes to taking care of the skin, you shouldn’t forget to include aloe vera in your list of herbs that are good for your skin. The gel from the leaves of the plant can be applied on your face before you use makeup to retain moisture and it can even be used as a remedy for small cuts. It also has hydrating properties which is perfect for those with dry skin. Another use of this herb is that it can help treat acne because it contains anti-inflammatories as well as antibacterial to reduce the appearance of pimples.
- Comfrey. This herb is also good for maintaining beautiful skin because of the presence of allantoin which is a type of protein that boosts cell renewal. Applying this herb on damaged skin can help speed up the healing process.
- Chamomile. Aside from being a soothing tea, chamomile is also used to help skin healthy. Among the benefits that this herb can provide you with include minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles, reduces inflammation and irritation, and it can boost healing. You can use the tea bags or the tea itself on your skin to gain its numerous benefits or you can use it as an essential oil to help nourish your skin.
Maintaining young and beautiful skin doesn’t have to be difficult nor should it be expensive. Trying the remedies mentioned above is not only good for your skin but also for your pockets as they are relatively cheaper.