Bed bugs, just like any other insect can be found anywhere in your home. It doesn’t matter if you reside in a posh neighborhood or in the middle of the earth. Bed bugs do not discriminate on where they attack. These bugs are as small as an apple seed. They feed on human blood and can be found wherever we humans sleep. They generally feed at night and can be reproduce very rapidly. This and many more is basically the reason why they should not be taken lightly. The female bugs are the ones who lay the eggs, these eggs are so small that they are literally invisible to the human eyes. These bugs might sound scary, but fortunately for us, they do not transmit any disease.
Regardless of them not being the cause of any transmitted disease, this doesn’t mean we should live with them. Bed bugs are also a handful when you want to get rid of them. Many people try using different methods to rid themselves from bedbugs but end up with no result. The most efficient remedy for bed bugs is to call pest control. However, there are other ways wherein one can reduce the chances of them sleeping on the same bed as a bed bug.
Common facts about bed bugs
- Bed bugs are very elusive. Some people think using pesticide to eliminate them would work. On the contrary, these bugs are great in hiding. They hide so well in our households that they even evade pesticides. This is usually due to their small size.
- Bed bugs are systematic. Their feeding patterns can be determined if observed closely. They usually feed for 5 to 10 mins till repletion.
- They don’t always have to feed. These bugs can linger around for months until a human victim shows up for them to feed on. On like other insects who have a short life span. These bugs can last months until its feeding time
- Bed bugs are nocturnal. Due to the high amount of carbon dioxide emitted during the night time. These bugs usually come out to feed at odd hours when we are asleep.
After knowing all these facts about bed bugs, one can become terrified about them. However, all is not lost. There are effective ways on how you can get rid of them. It might be tasking but it will definitely get the job done.
– Calling your local pest control. It is advised to call a specialist for matters like these. This is because, they are familiar with the issue and would know how to approach it. They would know what parts of the household to target and what specific insecticides to use.
– When a situation that involves insects occur, the first thing most people would do is to thoroughly clean the area. This does help, given that you’re doing it correctly. Most people do not correctly clean the infected room hence why the problem never gets resolved.
– The first subject for thorough cleaning should always be the bed. Knowing that bed bugs attack during our sleep, this narrows their habitat to the four corners of where we lay. It is advised to dismantle your bed frame and clean it from end to end. In regards to the mattress, you do not necessarily have to throw it out nor get a new one. Thorough cleaning of the mattress is advised. If it has a cover, remove it and stick it straight into the washer.
– Using traps. There are several bed bug traps in the market. You can purchase one and strategically position them around your household. It is advised to keep them in cracks and corners, knowing that this is the usual location that they reside in.
– Keep your entire household clean. This does not just apply to bed bugs. One should learn to keep the entire household clean in order to keep every sort of insects away. If you happen to have kids, you would have to even have it cleaner. This is because kids are more prone to playing around the house. This makes them the primary target for anything hiding in small cracks and corners.
When dealing with bugs the general fix to the problem is to clean. Bugs usually appear whenever there is dirt involved. If you would want to rid of yourself of bed bugs or any other bugs, it is advised to conduct a general cleaning of your household at least once a week. Having dirt accumulate in your home will only serve as an invitation to insects. Luckily enough bed bugs do not transmit any deadly diseases. However, if you do not clean, you might other kinds of bugs that could send you straight to the emergency room.