Women prefer to have smooth and young looking skin even as they age which is why they spend most of their money on beauty products that will keep their skin plump and free from signs of aging. Unfortunately, some of these skin care treatments contain chemicals that are not really ideal for the skin especially for long term usage. How then will you be able to maintain that youthful glow? Well, one way to achieve this is to use honey when caring for your skin. Here are some examples of must-try honey treatments at home.
- Blemish removal. If you are constantly affected by acne breakouts, using honey as your skin treatment is guaranteed to be your worth your while. This is because honey contains antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that can combat the presence of bacteria in your skin while reducing the redness as well as irritation. Just dab a small amount of honey on the areas that have acne and allow to sit for about 10 to 15 minutes. Wash afterwards or leave it overnight.
- Glowing skin. Dull looking skin can rob you of that fresh look but not when you prepare a honey treatment to make your skin glow naturally. To prepare this mask, simply combine 2 parts of fresh aloe vera gel with one part honey thoroughly. Apply on your face and neck and leave it on overnight. Wash your face the following morning to reveal healthy looking skin.
- Cinnamon honey mask. Acne breakouts can be bothersome especially when you are left with scars afterwards. Fortunately, you can reduce the appearance of these scars by preparing a simple face mask using honey and cinnamon. You will need three to four tablespoons of quality cinnamon powder and enough honey to make a loose paste. Mix the ingredients until you achieve your desired consistency. Apply the mask on the affected areas or, if you want, the entire face to prevent further acne breakouts. Leave it on overnight and rinse the next day.
- Blackhead removal. Blackheads can appear on our face when our pores are enlarged and clogged with sweat and oil that have been oxidized by the air. These blackheads can be irritated further if you scrub your skin too hard which is why it is always a good idea to make a simple treatment like mixing honey with some lemon juice and applying it on areas where blackheads appear. Leave the mask on for the night and rinse your face in the morning.
- Scar treatment. Another way to use honey as an overnight mask is when you have scars that you want to reduce their appearance. Think acne, pimples, accidents, and the like. Any scarring that you may see on your face can be treated by applying some honey directly on the scar and allow to sit overnight. Keep in mind that honey has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties which your skin needs in order to remedy any skin issues that you have.