Going on a juice cleanse is actually a great idea as it not only helps get rid of the toxins in your body but also helps restart your metabolism and organ function. Many are using juice fasting to shed some excess pounds but the problem is keeping their weight down after their juice cleanse is over.
One way to make sure that your weight stays down is to follow a diet that you can sustain for a long time. This will include some lifestyle changes as well as exercising regularly to get the full benefits of the juice cleanse.
For those who want to keep their weight down after juice cleanse, here are some foods that you should include in your diet that can help.
- Green tea. Certain types of juice cleanses recommend that you drink green tea at the end of your day to help promote better sleep but make sure that you don’t take it near your bed time as the caffeine found in the tea can kick in. Green tea is well known as weight loss tea because of the antioxidants present that help fight off any free radicals that cause damage to your body.
- Cinnamon. Cinnamon rolls aren’t actually recommended but there is another way for you to enjoy this spice such as in the form of fruit bars or you can add some to your drink. What’s great about cinnamon is that it is useful in regulating blood glucose levels so that your energy levels will be the same throughout the day. If your blood sugar levels are balanced then you won’t have to worry about any cravings at all because you will feel fuller for longer periods of time.
- Nuts and oats. Fiber is important in any weight loss goal because it helps absorb any toxins in the body and then flush them all out. What’s more, fiber helps make you feel fuller for longer periods of time which is another plus. And the best part is that fiber is known for boosting metabolism which means that your body will be continuously burning plenty of calories in the day.
- Hot peppers. Although not everyone is fond of eating hot peppers like jalapenos, chipotles, and habaneros, you should consider adding some to your dishes for that kick in your taste buds. Hot peppers contain capsaicin which is often linked to losing weight. After your juice cleanse, adding some peppers in your dish is a nice way to reawaken your taste buds to the delights of eating a full meal.
- Lean meats. When talking about lean meats keep turkey and chicken in mind. The protein that you get from these types of food actually has high thermogenic effect which basically means that you are burning about 30% of the calories you have consumed while your food is being digested. Integrating lean meats in your diet after a juice cleanse is a great way to add protein to your diet without causing your body to gain weight like before.