We all want to have that beautiful, glowing skin but most of us go about it the wrong way. Most of the skin care products that we lather on our skin are full of chemicals that do more harm than good thus triggering premature aging. If you really want to see positive changes to your skin, you will need to choose the right skin care products to nourish your skin.
And when it comes to safer and more effective skin care results, you should consider switching to herbs to achieve that natural glow for your skin. Here are some examples of herbs that you should try out.
- Witch Hazel. One herb that many swear by its anti-acne properties is witch hazel. This herb contains anti-inflammatories that can reduce swelling. Another plus to using this herb is that removes excess oil on the skin so there is less chance of pores being clogged by dirt and oil. It also works as an astringent where it helps tighten the skin. You can also use it to minimize the appearance of dark circles under your eyes.
- Aloe vera. Aloe vera is a must-have herb in your garden as it is packed with vitamins and minerals that help nourish your skin. Its cleansing properties can treat various skin problems such as rashes, acne, cuts, burns, and the like. When applied directly on the skin, it helps soothe the skin while expediting healing.
- Lavender. We all know that lavender is a good choice when it comes to de-stressing after a long day at work but did you know that this herb can also revive your dull looking skin? This is due to the presence of linalool that helps heal the skin. It also has the ability to prevent tissue damage so that premature signs of aging will not occur. Another reason why you should use this herb for your skin is that it actually boosts new cell growth plus it can be used to treat various skin conditions such as eczema, acne, and the like.
- Turmeric. Turmeric shouldn’t be forgotten when it comes to beautiful, glowing skin as it can make the skin soft and supple which is why it is commonly used in many beauty products. When you combine turmeric with sandalwood powder and gram flour and then apply the mixture on your skin, you will notice that your skin will appear smooth and glowing. You can also add a pinch of this herb to your glass of milk to help treat any skin condition that you may have.
- Calendula. This garden plant contains the same properties as witch hazel and aloe vera meaning that it has anti-inflammatories, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties that can prevent various skin disorders. It also has the ability to heal wounds while soothing irritation so there won’t be any blemishes or inflammation marring your smooth skin.
- Rose. Rose is also a good choice when it comes to nurturing your skin as it is light and cold when applied on the skin. It’s high in vitamin C which can rejuvenate your skin. You can apply the rose water directly onto the skin to help remove any blemishes. Another way to use this herb is to mix rose syrup with water and drink it once or twice in a day with an empty stomach to cure any heat related skin disorders.
These are just a few examples of herbs that are actually good for the skin. What’s great about using these herbs is that they are relatively safe and that they can deliver the nutrients that your body needs to prevent pimples and other skin conditions from appearing.