Are you struggling to lose some pounds? How about trying the Cabbage Soup Diet? Celebrities, fashion icons, and even health gurus find this soup diet to be useful when it comes to losing 10 pounds in just a week. Sounds too good to be true? Well, you just need to learn what the Cabbage Soup Diet is all about first.
Cabbages are known for their low calorie content which means that you can eat as many as you want without worrying about gaining weight. It also has plenty of antioxidants that can protect your body against free radicals as well as weight gain which is what you are trying to achieve. What’s more, this soup is actually cheap and so easy to make so why not give it a try? In this diet, you will need to have cabbage soup every day including the rest of the foods per day. Here are the steps to follow for this soup diet.
- Unlimited fruits with the exception of bananas. Aside from having several bowls of cabbage soup, you should also eat different kinds of fruits throughout the day. Just make sure that you skip eating bananas at this point.
- Unlimited vegetables without beans, potatoes, and other starchy vegetables. Apart from cabbage soup, you can also eat vegetables like the green, leafy ones but make sure that you avoid having starchy vegetables on your second day.
- Unlimited fruits and vegetables. Feel free to eat as many fruits and vegetables as you want with the exception of bananas and starchy vegetables. Again, you should have some cabbage soup throughout the day to help fill your belly up.
- Unlimited bananas. Now, it’s time for you to go crazy on bananas. Bananas are packed with potassium and other important minerals that will help fill your belly fast. Have some cabbage soup too to get enough liquid in your body as well as antioxidants and other nutrients to boost your metabolism.
- Serve 20 ounces of beef or chicken without skin. On the fifth day of your cabbage soup diet, you can consume up to 20 ounces of beef or chicken as long as it is without skin. You will need protein at this point to prevent your muscles from losing form.
- Unlimited vegetables and beef. You’ll probably be looking forward to eating more meat at this point so do indulge on beef or chicken as long as you balance it with some vegetables and your cabbage soup. Just make sure that you skip the starchy vegetables as you don’t want to make your blood sugar go up.
- Unlimited vegetables and brown rice. For the final day, have some brown rice and vegetables along with your soup. You’ll find that you have lost a significant amount of pounds in just one week.
The cabbage soup diet helps you flush the toxins and excess fat from your body while preventing you from gaining more calories in the process. As long as you drink 8 glasses of water every day on top of the foods that you are allowed to eat within the week and you’ll definitely achieve your weight loss goal in no time.