Gout is a disease in which the defective metabolism of uric acid causes arthritis. Most especially in the joints, like knees, elbows, even the neck, ears, wrists, ankles, smaller bones of the feet, deposition of chalkstones, and episodes of acute pain, swelling, intense tenderness and inflammation in the joints.
Causes are to have been identified as a number of factors.
1.excess of protein
2.excess of salts
3.lack of exercise
5.excessive use of alcohol
8.lack of rest or sleep
What happens with gout is that the body is not metabolizing properly, particularly, uric acid. The body calls out for immediate help thus the pain response. The pain is also due to the formation of uric acid crystals deposited near the typical trouble areas. These deposits form due to the lack of circulation as well as the body’s trouble metabolizing certain acids and toxins, causing blockage to occur.
Gout is synonymous with other types of health issues. Conditions like hypertension, diabetes, kidney stones, arthritis, rheumatism, and possibly more. First symptom is usually a pain and swelling of the big toe. We strongly advise to pay attention to any similar incidents and if so, should seek medical treatment
Good thing there are precautions and ways to prevent as well as alleviate your symptoms at home, naturally. Here are some ways to help you deal with gout.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Add honey to one table spoon apple cider vinegar in a bit of water and drink. The honey will aid in the anti-inflammatory effects as well as the acidity of the vinegar helping to alleviate some pain and symptoms by helping to break down some deposits while easing some swelling.
Make this for yourself 2-3 times a day and it should ease your pains as well as getting you back to normal. Repeat this daily for longer results. If you find that this works for you, you can increase the dosage of apple cider vinegar to up to
two even three tablespoons
2. Ginger Root
Ginger root is one of the best gout busters. Its anti-inflammatory properties as well its pain relieving properties combined make it essential in the battle against gout. Ginger is also very versatile and can be had in many ways and preparations and is common in Asian cuisines. Here are some ways to treat with ginger.
– Make a blend of same quantities of fenugreek powder or in Indian, methi seeds, turmeric, and dried ginger root powder. Have at least one teaspoon of this spice blend along with warm water or prepare it in a tea with fresh ginger root and honey. Take it twice daily.
– You can incorporate ginger in your daily food preparations. Use it for flavoring chicken or vegetables. It is delicious and good for you. Try a low sodium version of Chinese stir fry. Or a simple low sodium chicken soup with loads of ginger served with ginger rice. Works great with fish as well.
– You can grind down ginger and apply to swelling area as well. Straight onto the skin.
– Put ginger root in a quarter cup of sugar and a quarter cup of water, let simmer till very reduced, jar and use as candied ginger, for a bit of a cheat sweet fix.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda, like vinegar helps break down the uric acid deposits due to its alkaline content. The alkaline neutralizes the acids so that the uric salts can leave the body properly. Baking soda treatment can also alleviate the things that cause pain and other symptoms.
1. Dissolve 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda in a pint of water.
2. Drink this solution 3-4 times a day to treat.
3. Continue up to two-three weeks.
4. If you are above 60 ignore this remedy. Especially if you suffer from hypertension.
4. Lemon Juice
Kill your pain with a simple blend of lemon juice and baking soda with a glass of water. The alkaline in the lemon along with the baking soda will alleviate symptoms and any extra uric acid left in the blood.
– Take the juice of one lemon and stir in a half teaspoon of baking soda. Let the it simmer and wait for bubbles to subside then mix into the glass of water and drink.
– You can also just make lemon water and drink it constantly, it helps with alleviate as well as acts as a prevention method. Get in the habit its good for you and tastes nice.
Cherries are great for gout due to their antioxidant rich nature. They contain anthocyanins that are indicative of red and blue pigmented flavonoids that help break down and attack toxins, incredibly good for you. This can be used to treat cancer as well as myriad of other diseases especially if you want to go natural go
for dark berries. They regulate your blood’s PH levels helping alkalines and acids break down the uric deposits.
– For gout patients try having cherries with your oatmeal in the morning. You can introduce them to your diet regularly at least 10 cherries a day will help regulate your gout.
– You can also drink dark real cherry juice or many other antioxidant rich berries and fruits like blackberries, blueberries, etc.
6. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is a miracle work for treating of some heavy aches and pains. Sit in a hot bath with dissolved Epsom salt for a good amount of time to help relieve symptoms and relax you. Also great for people with hypertension. The magnesium present in the Epsom salt pulls toxins out of your system through your pores.
1. For a soothing and relaxing bath, add two cups of Epsom salt to warm bath water.
2. Soak until water goes cold.
3. For severe cases, repeat this twice or three times a week, for a light case once a week.
Bananas are integral in treating gout. They have a high amount of potassium that helps break down the solid deposits of uric acid back down into liquid form, allowing for the blood’s alkaline content to get to it and do it’s work more
– Make this a staple in your daily food intake. Eat at least two bananas a day and you will feel and see an improvement in your condition.
– Have a banana with yogurt to help with your digestion as well as provide the needed potassium.
– Add a banana to some berries and a bit of yogurt and blend into a smoothie
– You can also freeze the bananas and berries and cold yogurt and blend in a food processor for your own version of gelato or frozen yogurt.
Apples contain malic acid in their skins and some in the flesh. Malic acid is an acid. The opposite of an alkaline, however, it acts very similar, proving that not all acids are bad. Malic acid works just as well as lemon juice, baking soda, and vinegar, sometimes better. Because people do not all have the same body chemistry I would try seeing how you feel eating an apple a day versus eating a banana a day. Then try the effects of treating with both. Are we starting to see a pattern here? Yes you can prevent and heal through food. Using food correctly to live properly, not just to enjoy, but to care for yourself.
Try combining apples and ingesting apples in varying forms. Whether it be raw and plain, green salad with apples, apple juice, even apple cider vinegar.
9. Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal has the ability to absorb and render uric acid neutral. There are multiple ways of application. You can take a charcoal bath, rub, make a charcoal paste, or take an oral charcoal pill.
– Measure out a half of a cup of activated charcoal powder mix with equal amount of water until it forms into a paste. Prepare a hot bath and mix in with this charcoal paste until fully dissolved. Sit in the bath and relax for as long as you
– For treating specific areas of the body, take the same charcoal paste and apply directly on the trouble area. Let it sit there for at least a half hour then wash away with warm water.
– Consult your doctor about the charcoal pills for oral intake if you are safe to take charcoal orally or if necessary at all.
Many times the cause of gout is from a very instant gratification type of lifestyle. The problem is excess without effort to correct the balance. So people become backed up until their body cannot compensate anymore for the excessive lack of balance. Like many other diseases and conditions, all we really need to do is to
live a healthier lifestyle. Eat some fruits and vegetables. Eat less meat and consume less preservatives. Constantly think about balance and try to achieve it. This will all take real discipline. The lack of which brought upon diseases like gout, obesity, diabetes, arthritis, hypertension, even cancer, to millions of people.
Gaining that discipline is the best tool you have to prevent disease and bad conditions of any sort, it will help you do anything you need, to or even better yet,
wish to do.