Makeup removing products such as wipes as well as liquid removers are quite convenient to be sure but when the chemicals that they contain can be harsh on the skin. Some may cause skin irritation when used which can cause discomfort to be sure especially to those who have dry to sensitive skin. If you are experiencing stinging sensation on your skin when you remove your makeup, it might be a good idea to start looking for a natural makeup remover that will not harm your skin.
For those who are wondering how they can remove their makeup naturally, here are a few options to consider.
- Milk. Drinking milk may exacerbate acne and other skin conditions but applying it topically can nourish your skin, keeping it smooth and supple. Milk has been used as part of women’s beauty regimen for ages which is why it’s applied in modern times. One of its uses is to help you remove any makeup residue clinging to your skin. Simply add almond oil to whole milk and apply it on your face. This will help remove your makeup and leave your face fresh.
- RMS Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes. Although we have mentioned that wipes can leave a stinging sensation on your skin when used, this product doesn’t as it contains coconut oil which can easily remove any residues left behind by your makeup while at the same time, nourish and moisturize your skin in the process.
- Yogurt. Yogurt is not just good for your digestive system but it is also good for your skin. This kitchen staple serves many purposes which is why it is always a great idea to have one on hand. Among its many uses include soothes sunburn, moisturizes skin, and of course, removes makeup. All that you have to do is to dip a cotton ball into plain yogurt, rub it on your face using a circular motion, and then rinse afterwards. You will find that there won’t be any traces of makeup on your skin and at the same time your skin will feel smooth and clean.
- MV Organic Skincare Pure Jojoba Oil. Another healthy natural makeup remover that you should get your hands on is this product made from pure jojoba oil that has plenty of health benefits for the skin. What’s great about pure jojoba oil is that it is a no-fuss makeup remover that will leave your skin refreshed afterwards.
- Cucumber. If you are going to look at the labels of several makeup removers, you will find that most of them include cucumber in their ingredients. But why do you have to get these products when you can use the real deal? If you have cucumbers in the fridge, just blend them to turn them into a paste then apply on your skin. For tough-to-remove makeup, add some olive oil or milk into the paste before using to remove your makeup.
- Natural oils. Using cleansers to remove makeup is certainly convenient for you but overtime, they can strip your skin of its natural oils which leaves it exposed to various germs and environmental factors that can dry your skin pretty fast or cause your skin to produce more oils which can leave your skin greasy and prone to acne. Using natural oils like olive oil, almond oil, or jojoba oil, will not only nourish your skin, but also remove any makeup residue, dirt, and other blockages so your skin will look and feel like new.