Weight loss is never an easy task. You’ve probably tried all sorts of diet plans already without seeing any positive results. It’s quite frustrating to be sure but what if you learn about some techniques to lose weight even while you are sleeping? Sounds surprising doesn’t it? Well, there are some habits that you can do before bedtime that will help you lose weight. Here are some for you to try.
- Drink tea. Drinking tea is not just for the afternoons that you want a quick pick me up, but you can also drink chamomile or lavender tea at least an hour before you call it a night. These types of tea can help you relax and go into a calm state of mind so that it will be easier for you to drift off to sleep. Also, these teas contain antioxidants that can jumpstart your metabolism so that you will be losing fat while sleeping.
- Avoid eating after 7 pm. Another trick to keeping the weight off is to stop eating after 7 in the evening. Most of the eating that we do at night are mindless eating with foods that contain empty calories. It doesn’t matter if you’re just taking small bites here and there because they can easily add up. If you can’t stop eating beyond 7 at least limit your food intake at least three hours before bed time.
- Sleep in total darkness. For some people, sleeping with the lights on can help them drift off to sleep but if you want to burn fats, it is better to turn off all the lights in your room. Turning off all light sources in your bedroom, even the one on the hallway, and putting heavy curtains to prevent even the smallest light to enter your room can trigger your body to produce melatonin which not only makes you feel sleepy but also cause calories to burn.
- Drink warm milk before going to bed. Drinking milk isn’t just for kids. Even adults can take advantage of this late night drink to help drift off to sleep. Aside from this, milk has casein which prevents lean muscle from deteriorating. Why else should you have a glass of milk before bedtime? It can help speed up your metabolism which is what you need if you want to lose some pounds and it will keep you full until the morning.
- Lower the temperature in your bedroom. Another way to shed some weight even while you are sleeping is to lower the temperature in your sleeping quarters. This causes your body to burn fats to help your body stay warm. Make sure that you have that glass of milk before you go to bed so that it will be easier for you to fall asleep.
These simple tricks can help you shave off a few pounds here and there but it will take some time. Add these tips to your list of fitness routines and you’ll see some positive results soon enough.