Say goodbye to dark underarms, by trying out these home remedies for whitening dark underarms. All you need are the items mentioned below. Added to that are your efforts, time and patience as well.
Below are the natural remedies for whitening your underarms:
Potatoes are good bleaching agents. They do not irritate the skin as they contain mild acids.
– Using a thin slice of potato, rub your underarms for about 5-10 minutes. Then wash off with lukewarm water.
– For faster results, use this at least twice a day.
Lemon is considered to be a natural cleanser, and has anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties. The acidic properties of lemon helps in lightening and exfoliating dead skin cells.
– Rub your underarms using a thick slice of lemons, before taking a bath. Apply some moisturizer after, to prevent the skin from drying up.
– To form a paste, mix lemon juice, turmeric, yogurt and honey. Then apply to your underarms for at least 10 minutes. Then rinse off with water.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda makes an excellent scrub for your underarms. Added to that, it can prevent body odor as well.
– Mix water and baking soda to form a thick paste. Apply to your underarms, while gently scrubbing the area. Rinse off and pat your skin dry.
Cucumbers have skin lightening properties. You can even combine lemon and cucumber to get the full benefits of its bleaching properties. Cucumber soothes the skin, while lemon bleaches the skin.
– Cut the cucumber and rib your underarms with it. Or you can apply the juice of cucumber to the dark part of your underarm.
– Mix cucumber juice and lime juice, then add a pinch of turmeric.
5. Orange Peels
Orange peels also has bleaching properties that can be used to lighten dark underarms. Below are the steps to make this scrub.
– Dry the orange peel first. Then grind the peel to get its powder.
– Mix the powdered orange peel with milk and rose water, until thick paste is form.
– Apply to your underarms, while gently scrubbing the area for 10 minutes. Then wash off with water.