Earache and common colds have very common symptoms. The causes of earaches vary in nature. Earaches are more dominant in children than in adults. This is one of the reasons why it should not be taken with gest. The pain is usually never consistent, it comes and it goes. However, it is really not much of an issue because it can be treated with ease. Only problem is that whenever it includes children, the matter could complicate since their immune systems aren’t as developed as we adults.
The treatment for earache is quite similar to that of the common cold. Basic over the counter medications can help with the earache. But, if you do not have the privilege of going to the pharmacist, there are also home remedies for earaches. Before we get into that, let’s take a look at what the cause of earaches could be. For us adults that deal with loud music and its likes, the cause can be narrowed down to things like that. However, for children who do not use headphones or listen to music like we do. What could be the cause?
Common causes of earaches
- Just as mentioned earlier a common cause for earaches is throat infections. This includes tonsillitis and colds. Whenever someone is experiencing colds, usually earache is also a symptom.
- A boil or a pimple can appear literally at any part of our bodies, this doesn’t not include inside the ear Most of us at some point in our lives have had a boil or acne in our ears. If you happen to be unfortunate enough to experience this, you know that it is quite uncomfortable not mention painful.
- Temporomandibular joint pain is also a known cause for earache. This pain is linked to the jaw. Knowing how the human body works, and how closely connected the jaw and the ear is. Once there’s a problem with one part of our body, it usually carries on to another part of the body. For example, some people who experience trauma to a certain part of their body would also feel discomfort in other areas. This is probably because of how interconnected or nervous system is.
- Having a toothache or removing the wisdom teeth has also been linked to ear aches. Most dental issues can cause discomfort to your ear.
These are just some of the common remedies for ear aches, now how can we get these treated. As mentioned earlier, we can either have these treated by a specialist or you can try to rid the problem from your very own home. Here are some of the remedies you can use from your own home.
- Using heat is an unconventional way for earaches, but has proved to be effective over the years. The process to this treatment works wherein you take something like a pillow, put it in the oven or anything that can get it warm or hot. Just make sure you don’t burn the item. The person experiencing the pain would have to lay their head on it for a short while. This has proved to be effective with some and not effective with others. The reason for that would be the cause of the earaches. Since most earaches vary in cause, they also vary in cure.
- Using special oils. There are different special oils one can use to curb the pain from earaches. Olive oil, mullein oil or garlic oil. All these different types of oil can be used to treat an ear ache. All one has to do is apply a few drops into the affected area and wait for the pain to subside.
- Apple cider vinegar, this solution is the home remedy to a lot of other health related problems. Considered a miracle drink, apple cider vinegar can be used on both the insides and the outside of our body. If you’re experiencing earaches apply some of it onto the affected area and watch it perform its magic.
- Swabbing some honey around the affected area is something that can done for relief. If you happen to be experiencing earaches and you have some honey around you, just rub it around the area with the discomfort and it should naturally work. If it doesn’t then you can always try one of the methods mentioned earlier.
- Just like blocked nose, steam also work effectively against earaches and ear infections. Using moist air will help alleviate the pressure from the ear
Usually when we get ear aches, it is really nothing to be alarmed about. Within a short period of time it would eventually go away. However, if you can’t handle the pain then you might want to consider some of these remedies that can be done from your very own home.