Women love to paint their nails to show off their personality but when you often end up with ragged and cracked nails and cuticles, it’s hard to flaunt the nail art that you are wearing. Not only that, the condition of our nails can also affect the overall look of our hands which is why you need to give your nails the care that they need to reveal beautiful and dainty hands all the time.
Fortunately, maintaining beautiful and healthy nails is not that difficult. You just need to practice constant nail care to ensure that your nails are always healthy. Here are some nail care tips that you should keep in mind.
- Wear gloves. Make sure that you protect your hands by wearing gloves whenever you are doing laundry, washing plates, cleaning the bathroom, and even gardening as the chemicals from the cleaning products that you are using can be harsh on your skin and nails.
- Moisturize with oils. Another nail care tip that you should follow is to moisturize your hands and nails using essential oils like sunflower seed oil, almond oil, and the like. The oils will be able to penetrate deep into the skin and nails so that they are nourished and strengthened.
- Don’t forget your cuticles. It’s easy to overlook the cuticles when taking care of our nails but you need to pay special attention to them too. The cuticles are the ones that seal the nails against possible bacteria growth which can lead to various nail problems like fungi and the like. Use a cuticle cream as much as possible. You can even use it alongside your hand cream so you won’t forget to moisturize your cuticles as well.
- Moisturize after sanitizing. Nowadays, we use hand sanitizers on our hands to minimize bacterial growth but the problem with this habit is that we don’t moisturize after. This causes our hands and nails to dry up because of the alcohol present. Nail experts recommend that you moisturize your hands after you use a sanitizer to ensure that your skin remains moist.
- Your nails are not tools. We often make the mistake of using our nails to open pop-up cans, breaking Legos apart, and what not which is one of the reasons why our nails become broken or torn. Nail experts often shake their heads with this behaviour of ours which is why it is important that you keep in mind that your nails aren’t tools but rather jewels that you need to take care of otherwise you will end up with poor looking nails that won’t do your hands any good.
- Use a nail mask. Just as your face needs facial masks to help rejuvenate your skin, so too your nails. There are many hand or nail masks that you can apply before covering up with a plastic wrap with a warm bottle on top. The heat will allow the nutrients coming from the mask to penetrate deeper into the skin to promote better nails.
- Always hydrate. The problem with many of us that we don’t usually drink plenty of water within the day. This causes dehydration which can affect the health of your nails and your hands. When there is insufficient amount of water in the body, your nails can become dry and prone to breakage while your skin will appear dry and wrinkly. Drink up to 8 glasses of water per day or more if you tend to sweat a lot.
These nail care tips are guaranteed to help keep your nails in their best health so that you will be able to flaunt beautiful hands all the time.